RE: Echoplex and MIDI out

but triggering them is another thing.  i had the same setup (edp to drum machine) for tempo-syncing and i had the drum machine quantized and set to manual start.  i'm sure i could've triggered it with a midi command, but i never looked into it.  i'm using an all access...which makes life a lot easier.

-jim

Glenn Poorman <glenn.poorman@autodesk.com> wrote:
> I want to get the EDP foot controller though and do away with
> the MIDI controller (FCB1010).

Hmmmm ... you might want to reconsider that. If and when you
upgrade to Loop IV, the added MIDI support might make that
foot controller much more attractive.

> Realizing it's not a MIDI controller, does the EDP send out
> MIDI commands in response to button pushes on the EDP foot controller?

The EDP does send out song start/stop messages regardless of
whether you use the EFC7 foot controller, a MIDI foot controller,
or the front panel buttons. I run a MIDI cable from my EDP setup
into a drum machine and use the EDP to start and stop my drum
lines.

Glenn