RE: 2 EDP in stereo: how to match parameters

Thanks Doug.

> You just need Sync=Out on both units, and a Brother Sync cable to
ensure
> sample-level accuracy (no phase problems).

I'm talking about Parameters on the EDP. I suppose every Param has to be
the same to have total parity. In a way its kind of fun to experiment
with every param to hear the "significance" of what results.

> I'm experimenting a lot with this lately.  Right now, I'm in love with
the
> effect I get with one EDP InsertMode set to Reverse and one set to 1/2
> speed/full speed. Try all the combinations of InsertMode - fun stuff.
> Also
> different Quant settings in those scenarios are cool.

Great way to get polyrhythms. I tried having one set to Quantize=Cycle
and the other at 8th (varying the 8th value too) and am amazed at the
richness of happy accidents.

> With my footcontroller (FCB1010) it's kinda clunky to do this.  I have
> use Notes to control the EDP.  What I do is set the offset parameter
on
> the
> 2nd EDP to 86, and then I have different patches on my footcontroller
that
> can address each EDP separately.  Unfortunately, there's no way to
save
> the
> offset paramter as part of an EDP preset :(  So, I have to do this
> manually
> from the front panel.  Sucks.

I'm using the PMC, which does offer advantages. I haven't had the
patience to design a flow chart for arranging patches, for dual mono EDP
use, then got detoured by just using it Stereo, as we've been
discussing.

Your technique of changing the offset sounds interesting, but not much
improvement of what I was doing before, changing the channel on the
faceplate.

I think a patch which duplicates the manual keypresses to change the
channel (and back again) is in order, and I think the PMC10 could do it,
but each keypress only INCREMENTS the channel value so it would take
like 15 virtual presses to get from say 8 back to 7 again.

There's gotta be a simple workaround, that could change from dual mono
to stereo via midi without touching the EDP.

 Neil