Re: Even More Slash....

----- Original Message -----
From: <asterion@hell.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:52 AM
Subject: Re: Even More Slash....

> At 5:00 PM -0600 2/4/04, Eric Williamson wrote:
> >>Some pretty silly shit.
> >
> >ah, you must be thinking of his jazz ensemble music.
> >
> >have you heard his electronic stuff?
>
> If you refer to the two CDs in the Manhattan Research Inc. set and
> "Soothing Sounds for Baby" yes I have heard it. Some good sounds here
> and there, but mostly silly.

I wonder what Robert Moog, who apprenticed with Scott, would think.  One
might think it clever to call it "silly", but it's a major precursor to
electronic music as we know it - and given the sequenced material some on
this list rely upon it shouldn't be forgotten that Raymond Scott made the
first sequencer process for electronic sound production.

Steve Goodman
* EarthLight Productions
* http://www.earthlight.net