Kaoss Pad (KP2)

Hi,

I know that a lot of you have been extoling the vertues of the Kaoss Pad
for a
long time, but I'm just that little bit slow off the mark. However, now
that
I've got off the mark (as it were) or more accurately off my arse and
bought
one (3 days ago) I'm blown away by it.

My questions aren't about its normal opperation - its so straightforward to
use. They're about its MIDI implementation. And I have looked at the spec,
so
hope they're silly questions.

I have loads of uses for it patched in after my Boss SP303 sampler and Echo
Pro, but I thought that it might be nice to be able to record a little bit
of a
saxophone phrase that I'm playing into the sampler then get my hands on it
and
mangle it a bit/lot. But it doesn't look like there's a MIDI on/off message
for
the record button which I could control from my foot controller - is there?
and
I haven't got 3 hands. I guess that what I'll do is to send loops to it and
sample them and/or put loops straight into the effects of the KP2. But to
catch
bits of sax on the fly and work with them would be wonderful. I could get
our
guitarist to press record when he's not playing too I guess!

Just wondered if anybody's worked out a way of putting it in and out of
record
(for the little sampler section) other than with the front panel button.

The other question is about the "synth" effects. again, doesn't seem to be
way of setting their pitch. I don't mean to play like a keyboard, but
simply to
have on one of the programmes set to (say) an A so that they would fit the
piece of music (this is of course for the more tuned synth programmes.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.
Ian.