Feb 28th : acoustic abstract sound / electronic musics / ambientnoise / --- going on in santa cruz, ca

Abstract Sound jam session and performances
Feb 28th, Vets Hall from 2pm-8pm

 From 2-3pm will be setup time ....
3-5 ish ?? -  improve jam session ...
5ish - 7 -- solo or group performances
7-8pm is tear down and out the door.

* If you can, bring your mixing boards,  instruments, synths,
sm57/58's,  cables, stomp boxes, rack effects, and
circuit-bent/homemade/hybrid/noise making electronics..  Clearly mark
all your stuff... Everyone needs stay as organized as possible so things
don't get mixed up.  It would be great if you have a stereo mixdown on
your mixer to route to the console that will feed the PA system.

* Also, if you can, bring gear that you don't mind other people using
... because not everyone has music gear and we'd like to involve
everyone that shows up in the improv jam session.

* If you don't have any music gear, just bring yourself, hopefully there
will be something you can use to make sound with.

----

***  Improv Jam session:  3pm - 5pm (ish)  ***
The objective is to get everyone making sounds... and maybe even give it
our best effort to contour a musical aesthetic out of it.

***  Performances:  5pm (ish) - 7pm  ***
We hope to give everyone who wants to perform a chance to perform with
in the 2 hours. This might expand to 3 hours, and we'll shorten the
improv jam session if it looks like not everyone who wants to perform can.

----

We're going to try and record the whole session, but bring your
recorders in case ours break down.
We hope to have this happen atleast twice a month.  I'll be making a
mail list and web page for it.

-andy