Re: Loopers in Japan?

Title: Re: Loopers in Japan?
This is broader improvisational music-inclusive, but one thing you should definitely check out is Festival Beyond Innocence, which a guy named Kazuhisa Uchihashi organizes every year in Kobe. It’s an amazing event with international avant garde and experimental musicians of all flavors. His website is http://www.japanimprov.com/kuchihashi/index.html

Even (I think) more mind-blowing is a performance troupe that Uchihashi does the music for every year called I-Shin-Ha. He does indeed use a jamman or something as part of his setup. But this piece of performance theater is unbelievable. The whole production crew lives on site at the Osaka World Trade Center for like two or three months in this sort of Wild West shantytown that they create, and then they do two weeks of performances.

Dan

--
ghost 7 | Orange
http://www.envelopeproductions.com