The Ambient Ping presents Cellsong Collective

THE AMBiENT PiNG   http://www.theambientping.com
Free - Every Tuesday Night - doors open at 9pm - 1st set at 9:30
  @ club nia / C'est What - 19 Church St. at Front St. - Toronto
         3 blocks east of the Union Station subway.
         map - http://www.cestwhat.com/map.html

This Tuesday February 24th - Cellsong Collective

The Cellsong Collective celebrates the release of their
Compilation CD with 2 sets of eclectic music making.
The first set will be the transhumanoid tag team of :
CLOCK DIN (AKA THE SAMPLE MASTERS) with
the everlovin' timetraveller LORD OPEN (BMT, PW2W)
on the thri-dimensional suzsaphone.

The 2nd set will feature the transcendental vocals of chanteuse
LAUREL JAMES (ANDREA FLORIAN, WIB'JAZZIN',CBC)
accompanied by the delayed experimental guitarist SAVINO M.
(BMT, LOBSTER ROCK TOKYO) with soundescape by
video game sound designer FUXOR (BMT, HIDDEN LEVEL)

http://www.cellsong.ca for mp3 downloads of all of the above,
& fun with samples, visit the Clock DIN site @ http://www.clockdin.com

Between Sets CD - "Cloudseeder - disc 2" by Wave World
"Cloudseeder" is Wave World's most truly ambient release
and disc 2 of this double CD features their ambitious and
far-ranging work, "Nebulae - An Ambient Symphony".
http://www.waveworld.tv

Coming Tuesday March 2nd - Anomalous Disturbances
http://www.anomalousdisturbances.com

A special *ping things* announcement from rik maclean...

I am thrilled to announce that http://www.pingthings.com is
one year old! Well, actually it's almost two, but in terms of online
presence it's one year old!  And this strikes me as being a big deal.
I'd like to thank all of you for your support in this venture, whether
you're a customer who's bought something in the last year (both
online or at C'est What), if you're an artist who's been kind enough
to share your music with the store, or if you're just somebody
who's come by the site to see what it's all about. All of you are
very much appreciated by the ping things king.  =-)

Also I'd especially like to thank Scott M2 and Jamie Todd who
have done such a fabulous job of running the Ambient Ping
in the first place, and who have been a wonderful support and
inspiration for the store for all of this time. You guys rock
in a most Eno-esque way!

Sooooooo, what does this whole birthday thing mean to you?
Well it means that there's a sale!!!!  Yep, I have a huge sale
of items that you can check out at
http://www.pingthings.com/PTsale.htm

A bunch of titles by such wonderful artists as James Johnson,
Mercurine, Glenn Love and Vidna Obmana are all reduced in
an effort to let you know how much I appreciate your patronage.
(Quanitites are limited, so you'll wanna act fast on the sale items!)
You'll also find that selected titles have also been reduced in price
throughout the site. A number of Steve Roach discs have been
reduced from $27.50CAN to $20CAN.  And if this isn't enough
to entice you over to visit the site, there are also a metric tonne
of new discs by Angelmark, Diatonis, Sahra Featherstone,
Knowledge of Bugs and more!

Now on a serious tip I should also point out that there's a slight
change to the pricing structure at ping things. Previously prices
were a flat fee that included taxes and shipping. As the site
has grown more popular though, and as more and more people
are ordering online from farther places, it's become clear that
I have to follow a different strategy. As such from this point on,
taxes and shipping will be added on as a percentage of your
total order. Now I'm still working out a few calculations & things,
but I'm trying to make it all cool and groovy for all of you, and
of course I'm reworking all of the prices on the site to reflect this
change.

So there you have it!  ping things is a year old and it's all thanks
to people like you!  So check out the site and buy a disc to thank
yourself for being so cool and supportive!

Cheers,
rik - rik@pingthings.com
ping things - http://www.pingthings.com

Steve Roach is currently the Featured Artist at ping things.
Visit http://www.pingthings.com/PTfeaturesNF.htm to read
an exclusive interview with this master of the ambient genre.

Send an e-mail to pingthings-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
for updates on *all* the latest releases on sale at ping things

http://www.pingthings.com = ambient + electronic + chill things

The Ambient Ping presents free live performances by Toronto's
finest ambient, chillout and experimental music artists plus
performers from across the continent, every Tuesday at club nia
(aka C'est What) featuring a comfortable lower stage area, perfect
for attentive listening, plus a higher level with a bar, back room
and more seating that's great for conversation, good food and the
club's impressive beer, wine and whiskey selection. Musical treats
are on offer at the *ping things* ambient/experimental CD boutique.

Please forward this e-mail to any friends who may be interested
in live ambient, chillout and experimental music performances