Re: Recording on a Powerbook

>I wanted to point out that I swear by Performer for recording.

Thanks for your input. That was me you're quoting above...

Well, now I'm really curious. It seems that Digi's Pro Tools
hardware/software, Emagic's Logic Pro, MOTU's Digital Performer, and
maybe also Cubase, all get high marks, depending on whom you ask.
That also makes it harder to choose which one may be right for me (or
for the person who originally posted) as a result.

I really want to get into home recording using my p-book, but I also
may want (or need) to use this stuff in a live setting, too. So... Is
it possible to compose, make sequences, or make samples using these
programs, and then trigger them in a live setting via MIDI? How does
one go about doing it?

Right now I have a Motif 6 keyboard, a rack with a switching system,
a MOTU MIDI through box that I send my rack gear through, and a GC
Pro--if that helps.  How can I integrate my computer into the rig to
use in a variety of ways while performing? I guess that's basically
what I'm asking.

Anymore advice about the pros or cons of any of these apps would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Jeff