Re: Sound Art Chameleon - as LoopIV platform

Quoting Matthias Grob:
> we are actually working on a adaption of the EDP soft for Chameleon

i am very glad to hear that, and if you make it available for purchase at a
reasonable price (which i assume you would) i would be happy to buy it.

however

i need/want something FAR simpler than an EDP. the primary drawback to the
EDP
for me is a lack of pre-defined loop lengths and a "dump" control which
doesn't
require me to hit "record" and re-define the loop length.

i have both of these things with my PCM-80 in a very hi fidelity
enviornment.

i have no use for multiple loops. multiply, reverse, half-speed, and the
ever-mighty quantise function (which makes those things useable) are great
though.

what i was wanting out of a looper was very very simple:

1. stereo

2. a knob to set loop length in bars or seconds with a shift-button to
change
the metre (in bars mode) or add milliseconds (in seconds mode).

3. a percentage knob, 50%-200%, to change the delay time with
interpolation so
the pitch changes as well.

4. a "clear delay memory" control.

i don't even care about feedback, because when i'm using two loopers i
always
dump one anyway to start over. reverse would be great, but i could live
without
it.

being able to set the length of the loop ahead of time in bars or seconds
is THE
MOST IMPORTANT THING for me. having a "dump" button is almost as important.

these things don't fit within your established LoopDelay paradigm, but if
you
were to accomodate them somehow it would give me a reason to buy two
chameleons
and relegate my Echo Pro and PCM-80 to tasks they perform better, like
delay
and reverb.
---
Eric Williamson