RE: Yamaha UD-Stomp vs. Magic Stomp

Current price for the UD is $349 at the Fiend, which is the only place
I've
found who still has them.  I've been keeping an eye on Ebay, but there's
some guy who bought up a truckload during the blowout and is matching the
MF price with his 'Buy It Now'.  That's helping keep the prices high over
there as well (can anybody say "Repeater Syndrome"?).

As for other options, I generally prefer rack-mount anyway.  However, I
like the idea of having the 8 independent reconfigurable delays together
in
one box.  There are also some nice touches in the programming (such as the
'Tap' control, and the ability to take the delays out-of-phase for
psychoacoustic processing).

Still, this isn't so much a concrete *need* on my part, as it is merely a
guilty pleasure (I didn't have the cash when they went on blowout, but
they
still went on my wish list).  Maybe I should just wait six months and try
to snag one used when the price comes down.  :P

         -c-