Re: BLACKFACE: a musing

> Personally,   I get really sad when we can't use words like 'gay' and
> 'blackface' because cultural intolerance has turned those phrases from
> literal ones into highly sensitive and hurtful concepts.

I had never heard the term blackface used for anything other than the old
vaudeville act ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface ) until this topic
came up. To be honest, I didn't think too much about it but I can totally
understand how someone might take offense to that. To be fair though, it is
also obvious that no offense was meant by its usage here. Perhaps there is
another benign usage of the term we're not all aware of.

I vote that we just stop using the term and drop the subject. As I've said,
just say EDP+. It's easier to type too. :-)

- Dave