Re: live looping amplification etc.

Hi Paul,
Good that you bring this up!
This has been one of my frustrations trying to have a
good configuration to balance between digital
versatility and the warmth of a tube power amp.I Run a
roland GP 100 and a Roland GR33 guitar synth into a
small 1202 mackie mixer, sending its aux into both the
Echoplex and Repeater, and then returning them back
into the mixers input channels so i can bounce loops
between both loopers.Then the overall sound goes to a
pair of yamaha active P.A. speakers.
The advantage of this is total flexibility; being able
to mix all the signals into the loopers and then being
able to bounce the loops into each other,so if i
recorded something i like into the EDP, i can send it
to the Repeater through the mackies aux and either
save the loop or twist the loop further,with the
repeaters pitch shift capability,speed it up,slow it
down etc.
But i am not still 100% satisfied with the guitar
sound.I played with tube amps half of my life and i
just dont get the punch i am used to just running the
preamp into the mixer and to the active speakers;The
question is if it would  make a difference using a
dedicated guitar power amp instead?
Louie

=====
www.luis-angulo.com