Re: "Live Looping"

I'm not sure whether you are disagreeing with me. That was essentially my
point. There is a stylistic similarity to the work of Mssrs Walker,
LaFosse,
Grob, and others. Enough of a similarity to start talking about a genre.
(Note that music need not belong to only one genre.) At the same time,
there
are other musicians using loopers whose music seems much further removed
stylistically and wouldn't be part of the same genre.

The problem I'm pointing out is that "live looping" -- particularly in the
absence of some other definition -- isn't that much different from "wah-wah
music" as a name.

As a relatively inclusive guy, Rick Walker may not like it, but to define a
genre/movement/what-have-you, it's going to have to exclude someone
otherwise it's meaningless.

Mark