Re: "Live Looping"

Title: Re: "Live Looping"
beat, warhol’s factory, der blaue reiter, cubism, impressionism, rock, harcore, grindcore, glitchcore, idm, dub, roots,

Mark’s post and this whole topic has me thinking about how movements happen. Seems like a combination of self-promotion, audacity, and right-place-at-right-time-ism. And/or by having/being/doing something that is genuinely vibrant and touches people somehow in a way that can’t be ignored. But not by committee, I don’t think.

Jimi Hendrix came along and blew the world away. He was definitely an electric guitarist, and he wrote lyrics about the instrument and you could see in much of how he presented himself that it was a huge aspect of him.

But he didn’t have the impact he had because he played electric guitar, rather than tuba (well maybe he wouldn’t have gone quite so far had it been tuba). He had it because he had awesome music and human depth and he put it out there into the world and lived large. A tool’s a tool. Tools are great— they let us make the things we dream.

Loopers, hammers, guitars, paintbrushes. That’s it— imagine a “Paintbrush Festival.”   You wouldn’t do it that way. You’d call it an art festival. My friend Pia says it best-- “describe how the music will make me feel when I listen to it.”

ghost 7 | Orange
http://www.envelopeproductions.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/ghost7
d.ans@rcn.com