Using Samplers with loopers live (akai mpc1000 or laptop?)

I am also interested in using samplers live with my
loopers but i am debating what would be better before
i buy...

akai mpc1000- 800.00dlls.
Pros:seems very stable,portable size,2 midi ins and
outs,easy file transfer and upgradable to 128MB
cons: recognises only wavs i beleive

Laptop-over 1000.00dlls.
pros: full flexibility!
cons:price,xtra hardware required,vulnerable to
crashes?

This is just my assumption since i have no experience
with either one but i´d appreciate your advice from
all of you who are experienced in this field!
thanx
cheers
Luis

=====