Re: EDP Sync with MPC 1000

You don't have to have the Alesis & EDP set to the
same midi channel for the EDP to receive midi clock.
If they are set to the same channel, the EDP might
be seeing midi note messages from the drum machine
as well. Since the EDP is capable of using midi notes
to control its functions, it might behave in a way
that you do not intend it to.

John

--- Michael and Nikki <cosmicchai@charter.net> wrote:
> I'm having a similar problem. My EDP is synced to an
> Alesis drum machine
> with MIDI clock, and my SWITCHQUANT parameter is set
> to LOOP. It will move
> from the first loop to the second flawlessly. When I
> to the first, however, the second loop restarts then
> changes back to the
> first after a few beats. This throws the time out.
> Someone responded to my post and said I should make
> sure the drum machine
> and EDP were set to different MIDI channels,
> otherwise the drum machine
> could also be sending note messages.
> As soon as I figure out what that means I'll try it.
> Maybe it applies to your problem.
> Good luck

=====
John Tidwell