RC-20 footswitch modification

Has anyone done an RC-20 footswitch modification? Basically the crunchy
stompbox footpedal messes up my timing. Not that I had much to begin with,
but I figure a real LIGHT tap switch in parallel with the stompswitch (so
I could use either), that I can either mount on the pedalboard or even on
the guitar itself to tap with a finger, would improve my odds of finding
that elusive perfect loop timing. Anyone done one? Anyone? Or thought of
it?

Sheesh, one day out of the box and I'm breaking into it already...

Kevin