Re: trying to find the right looping tool

Bryan,

If you are using your guitar port with a PC, you might consider a software
looper.  Since you are already using a computer, it wouldn't add any more
equipment or expense to your set up.  I like Elottronix XL, which is a VST
plug in modeled after Robert Fripp's old tape set-up:
http://www.uv.es/%7Eruizcan/p_vst.htm

You'll need some sort of VST host program to use it.  I've had good luck
with both Audiomulch and EnergyXT.

Ambiloop is a stand alone app that also has a good reputation.

Since Elottronix and Ambiloop are freeware, you won't lose anything by
giving them a try. Another nice thing about software loopers is that it's
straightforward to keep them in sync with a drum machine or sequencer.
---
Art Simon
http://art.simon.tripod.com
http://artsimon.iuma.com