OT: Tassman 4 Free

Not *completely* off-topic (there have been previous Reaktor vs. Tassman
discussions here) but close....

The current issue of the UK's Music Tech Magazine (May 2004) is bundling
Tassman 4 Free -- a stripped-down version of AAS' Tassman 4 -- on the
magazine's CD.  It's polyphony is limited and it doesn't include all the
modules that are in the full version of Tassman 4, but it's otherwise
unhindered.  It runs as a VSTi on PC, OS9, & OSX, as well as being
available as an Audio Unit and standalone.  US cost is ~$13.95

The new Tassman is now supposed to have the ability to process incoming
audio, so it should be applicable for building your own delay devices and
other effects.  (Unfortunately, this is one of the modules missing out of
Tassman 4 Free, else I'd be trying it already).  Still, it's a good way
for
those Reaktor users curious about the competition to "get their feet
wet".  Not to mention, this should also appeal to anyone who doesn't feel
like shelling out half-a-grand for Tassman's physical modelling algorithms.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil