RE: the asynchronous DD-20 (and OTHER THOUGHTS ON GEAR IN GENERAL)

tEd,

This whole less-is-more-in-a-live-setup thread has got me inspired. What
exactly are you bringing out to gigs now? RC-20, (2) DD-20, small amp in
mono are all I can recollect off-hand... Would you mind describing, say,
your signal chain used on your last gig in gruesome detail? (brand name of
distortion, amp, yadda yadda)  :-)  (a million apologies if you've done
this
already)

I had terrible gear when I was a teenager - Gorilla amp, a few DOD pedals,
Digitech delay pedal (my first foray into loops!), the guitar was an 80's
Les Paul rip off bought from Sears of all places... Just the worst of the
worst. But I'll be damned if good gobs of fun weren't had, some of my best
musical memories involved the use and abuse of that "junk". This truism has
been repeated on this list again and again, but since we're all used to
hearing things repeated...: There is use in making things (including signal
chains) simple, if only for a while. Especially for gear geeks like me who
do have a real interest in making music, but who also have a lust for
"gearish" stuff of any kind and may serve themselves better by focusing
that
lust into something cooler like restoring a '65 Pontiac GTO. :-)~~~

I just put in an order for one of those Korg PXR4 battery operated 4-track
recorders. I've got a full blown computer recording system, it's got
everything, it is sweet! But I resist using it because in order to operate
the thing I have put myself into a state of mind that interferes with my
own
creative process. The fun is easily missed, know what I mean? Quality be
damned (at least for now), I just want to record some stuff. (and put off
getting that Kurzweil KSP8 another couple of years. I wonder if I'll make
it
that long... :-) )

Thanks tEd!

Jim Poppen

tEd ® kiLLiAn says:

snip

>I still got all of the same astonished "ooooohs" ans "ahhhhhs"
>at the end of the set as before . . .

snip