Re: 1st Loop Workaround in Ableton's LIVE 4.0

On 2004-06-06, at 12.39, loop.pool wrote:

> Dave Hill, Jr., the really helpful Public Media and Artist Relations
> Manager
> for Ableton says they are seriously looking at that capability and
> sent me
> these two  live work arounds for the time being.

If that would have been true a "1 st Loop capture" ability should have
been part of Live 4.0 update. This matter has been discussed at the
Live forum all since the release of version 3.0. Probably Ableton are
forced to list it a second priority because of the estimated low number
of interested users (compared to those who need "bang-a-way-beats"
MPC-like functions). After all not many users start our with an empty
canvas, usually they go from pre-recorded stuff and use Live more like
"a live mixing performance tool" than "a live looping performance
tool".

All the best

Per Boysen
---