Re: 1st Loop Workaround in Ableton's LIVE 4.0

On Jun 6, 2004, at 7:10 PM, loop.pool wrote:

> My suspicion is that something that compares with the EDP or the
> Repeater
> (or whatever looper) is going to have to be a stand alone
> app, instead of a plugin.    Os, Matthias, Andy and whoever,  please
> correct
> me if you think that is innacurate.  I again reiterate that
> I'm not a programmer and am not coming from that knowledeable a place.

Digital Performer has POLAR (Loop time?  As much as your RAM can
support), which is *almost* a Jamman... but lacking feedback control.
It drives me crazy that we've got plug-ins that are already good
realtime loopers... PSP42 but they wrote me and said getting a longer
loop time was impossible.  Then Augustus Loop comes out.  1 hour.  Huh.
  He did it.  MOTU wrote me and said my idea for adding feedback was
interesting.  That was it.  Weee!  I'm interesting.  Maybe we should
all line up and give Matthais oral sex, because evidently he's the only
human on earth who can code something like an EDP that cares about
coding something like the EDP.

I'm using a Repeater.  Probably will be until it blows up.

Mark