Re: Vox Tonelab for looping (reply from Vox about high freq issue)

--- thetoyroom@comcast.net wrote:

> I think you need to treat these new crop of modellers just like you
>would treat
> an amplifier.  I'm more of a Fender guy and never was really attracted to
> Marshall or Vox amps.  Doesn't mean that Marshall is stupid because I
>don't
> particularly like their sound.  Others have done wonders with them.

OTOH, if the thing claims to model an amp, shouldn't it sound like what it
claims
to model? My Marshall doesn't have a bunch of fizzy high end noise. A
model of
one shouldn't either. That's the point of the modelling thing, isn't it?

> Regardless, it seems from my experience that the biggest complaints
>about these
> modellers are from the high gain patches.  Is there something about the
> experience of hearing a high gain amp breathing through a speaker cab
> struggling to move that much air that can't really be modelled at this
>stage of
> technology?  something a bit more visceral?  hmmmm....

I think that's part of it. I have a Yamaha DG Stomp and the best I've ever
heard
it sound was when I was playing it through a loud PA. To my ear, it's just
ok
when it comes to recording, but when it was pumping in a floor monitor
(like
having a real amp next to me) it took on a life I'd not heard before.

Greg