Re: making the switch from Repeater to Ableton Live

If you think of it it, write me, do.

I've spent a lot of time trying to make the crashes happen and thereby
deduce my error and have narrowed to 2 events that occasionally are
followed by a crash. Now, I've done my share of software debugging and
realize that there must be a crucial event that is hidden to me because
I can't make the same sequence cause a crash every time.

In all cases controlling the Repeater with the FCB1010:

1) Sending a group of functions via one button press. The group
containing 1 or 2 PC messages and 1 or 2 CC messages. And, everytime,
that group has had RECORD in it. (If I remember. the one that I get to
"crash" the most frequently is RECORD + Set Feedback level to 80% + Pan
Trk 1&2). If a "successful" crash occurs, the metronome suddenly
becomes audible (and really, really, really loud!).

2) Using my midi pedal again to control the Repeater, I hit the
MULTIPLY function twice. The tempo of my already existing loop speeds
up.

I have reprogrammed my FCB1010 to make sure I don't have anything
hidden in my patches.

I suppose an optimist (or software developer) would say that these
instances are really feature enhancements, because I get more
functionality than expected!