Re: Fw: EDP Oversampling

I really don't see how oversampling would matter to you at all. It is a
technique used in designing D/A convertors to make the anti-aliasing
filter
requirements easier to implement. (as the link you gave explains). It
doesn't mean anything to the user. It doesn't even mean much to an
engineer
designing with a given D/A convertor part since the filters are usually
integrated.

The anti-alias filter characteristics are the important thing to care
about. Oversampling doesn't guarantee that the anti-alias filter is good
or
bad, and if oversampling is not used you can still get equally good audio
results with higher order filters. It really doesn't tell you anything by
itself.

Companies list oversampling in audio specs because it sounds good to most
people who are clueless as to what it means, but really it's just bullshit.

kim