Re: sound hole cover for loops

They work by muting the vibration of the top a bit, so the sound does
suffer a bit.  I never found them terribly effective, and once I
started using magnetic soundhole pickups it wasn't an option.
Fortunately, those pickups are less prone to feedback by design (at the
loss of some other sonic attributes).

Automatic feedback filters have become quite good in the last few
years.  I use the Yamaha AG Stomp, which has that and a bunch of other
useful features for the electroacoustic musician.  You can find them
new for $299, or on the lower end of $200 on eBay.  I also have the
Behringer rackmount unit, which worked well, but took up too much
space.  The front panel doesn't offer much in the way of UI, but once
you've got the thing properly setup, it works well.  Boss also includes
Feedback Eliminator in their acoustic preamp, and most of the GT floor
units.  It only affects one feedback point at a time though, whereas
the Yamaha can handle 5 (although I've never had more than 2), and the
Behringer does 12 or 24 or something insane.

TravisH