From: William Walker [mailto:billwalker@looppool.info]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 6:16 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: RPTR: right output is half volume...

Zoe, do not, I repeat do not, I repeat do not, try your first soldering
experience on your repeater. First of all you need a very good soldering
gun
which are expensive, the cheap electric kind you can  get from radio shack
are not capable of the kind of sustained heat needed to cure a cold or
loose
solder joint problem on an audio device, if that is indeed your problem.
I'd
first try a deoxidizing spray like De-Exit as oxidation can cause all
manner
of fuzzy sounding problems, volume drops etc.. And , oxidation, rust, and
corrosion are all problems prevalent to coastal climates. If I'm correct
you
live in SF? Foggy SF? nuff said.  Also make sure all of the nuts on the
input and output jacks are tight. I've sometimes had loose input jacks
cause
weird crackling and I believe the jacks on the back of the repeater have
those black plastic ones that can be tightened by hand, and also can
vibrate
loose. Also I have minimized my the amount of plugging and unplugging I do
with my repeater. I leave it in my rack, wired to my mixer. But do try to
get it looked at by someone with experience. Call Real Guitars or Haight
Ashbury Music, Or Leo's Audio in Oakland for a referral.