Re: Bitrman

Thanks DJ...very useful info here as always...I'd also heard about a distortion unit
from New Zealand called the Hotcake that's supposed to be among the best-
at like $175 a pop it should be...never tried one myself though...yes maybe adding
these distorts to the Bitrman would be pretty far out too...Monica

DJ <dhjohnson@mindspring.com> wrote:
I don't have any experience mixing it with rackmounts, but I know it
does very well mixing with other analog stomp boxes. You can both feed
other things into it and have it feed other FX and get a lot of cool
things going on.

As I see it there are three or four "classic" distortion tones that
guitarists like to use as far as stompboxes go, see if you can find
what you are looking for in this list. There's the fuzzface (fuzz that
cleans up nicely, can be both subtle and pretty over the top, if you
want one buy a boutique remake as I don't think anything sold today
with the name "fuzzface" on it sounds any good), the tubescreamers
(pretty subtle all around, not a lot of gain, but great for overdriven
amp tones, can also be used somewhat as a clean boost), the RAT (great
distortion, also cleans up nicely, more gain than the tubescreamers,
but not as much as the big muff, a lot of different shades of
distortion, and you can get a lot of harmonics out of this if you want
them), and the big muff (saturated tone for days). You can cover A LOT
of distortion ground with a TS, a RAT, and a BIG MUFF by using them
independently and together. I would personally chain them in that
order.

Hope this helps!

On Jul 2, 2004, at 4:42 PM, Monica wrote:

> Does it mix well with other fx-like Lexicon - to get both subtlety and
> intensity?
>
> DJ wrote:
> I have no experience with the Phase 90, but I love my Big Muff. It is
> what it is though, you have to love it for what it is and NOT what it
> is not. It is NOT an overdrive of any sort, so don't expect any sort
> of subtlety out of it. Great saturated tone though, and it sustains
> forever, especially at high volume with a tube amp.
>
> On Jul 2, 2004, at 4:18 PM, Monica wrote:
>
> >     Also soon I plan to get the retro Phase 90 and Electro-Harmonix
> > Big Muff "Pi"
> > sustainer/distortion- any feedback on those?...
>

> Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?