Re: Nels Cline (of the Geraldine Fibbers)

Great story, John.  Mike Watt was my first exposure to Nels, and since
then he has become my favorite guitarist.  His range is astounding (from
abstract ambient, to free jazz, to pop stuff), his technique is
unbelievable, and his use of the EH-16 is a blast, just a great melding
of looping in the context of melodic playing. He's also really humble
and has a great sense of humor.  AND he's almost 50 and still rocks out
completely.  I can't describe completely what an effect he's had on me
in the last few years.

Daryl Shawn
highhorse@mhorse.com