Re: Daevid Allen/glissando guitar

I've got a Sustainiac in my Steinberger.  I love it, but it didn't
replace the ebow in my world, but it does give me other options.  If
you set it just right you can make it really pretty controllable.  If
you crank it, you can get it wild and out of control.  Both cool
options for different situations.  Sure, neither sound like a bowed
string, but can you do chords with most bowed instruments?  They're
their own thing, and cool they are.

BTW, I had a horrible time trying to install it myself even though I
have a fair amount of soldering experience.  Not enough room in the
electronics cavity for two batteries.  I had Gary Brewer in SF install
it and it came out great, but was kind of spendy.  Looks factory
though.

Mark