Re: Musicians friend Price politics

--- Optimus Rob <rasimon@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Amen.  They pulled the same thing with the lap steel guitar a couple
> weeks ago -- their catalog stinks anyway.

Not to be a defender of MF, but that lap steel regularly goes on and off
special.
The $99 price is their regular price for the thing. It'd been on special
and the
special was over. What's the big deal? Can't they offer a sale price on
something
and then take it off at some point? Someone here conjectured that it was
somehow
automated, based on demand, which sounds ridiculous to me. It's printed in
their
paper catalog too.

> I've had some good
> experiences with American Musical (though returns/exchanges take
> forever), but have really enjoyed buying from Novamusik.com.

The above said, I've bought quite a bit more stuff from American Musical
Supply
then Musician's Friend. AMS' price is usually better (although you should
compare) and my experiences with them over the years have been very good.
Full
Compass is also a favorite. Good prices, excellent service.

Greg