Re: Musicians friend Price politics

I like cheap gear as much as anyone, but if the supply on an item stays
low to non-existent for a long time while demand goes way up, then I'm
not surprised that eventually price goes up.  If you don't like the MF
price, go buy it from somewhere else--if you can find someone who has
them in stock.  I've had a standing order at Alto (they always beat
everyone's price that I've checked, but you have to call or email them)
for months and months, they still haven't got one to sell me, but
apparently MF does (in theory--we've seen a disparity between their
catalog and warehouse many times before).  It's just unusual that there
be one product in a mass-distributed catalog that has this combination
of supply/demand, but sometimes it happens.

If Gibson would make more of them consistently available, we probably
wouldn't see this problem, although I wouldn't rule out a price hike
given their jaw-dropping guitar prices.

TravisH