RE: Drum Machine Solutions-HR16

I bought an HR 16 when it first came out.   I upgrade to the SR 16 when it
was released but was \
chagrined that they took the radical tuning capabilities out of the more
sophisticated newer machine.

I used to love playing with every note triggering and playing the pitch in
real time.   I wish I still owned one of those
(which is ironic because i have a collection of about 20 pre-digital drum
machines).

The HR 16b had really cheesy electronic sounds but you could really tweak
them with the tuning capabilities.
They can be found really cheaply occasionally these days.

My wife in her project Lackadaisy (which I learned how to play electric
bass
to record the CD and play out)
would borrow one of my really primitive old Roland, Wurlizter or Korg drum
boxes and put it through a series
of analogue stomp box pedals to create a beautiful and idiosyncratic drum
beat.     We did one particularly sweet piece where she ran a 'prepared'
drum machine
while I played a very simple tabla part as augmentation.

She's amazing!   She can take the simplest stomp box effects pedal,  screw
around with it and an hour later I'll hear some really cool effect coming
out of her room that I"ve never heard before.   She was so good at 'sound
design' with analogue pedals that I started buying them for her whenever
I'd
find them cheap and used at the flea market.   LOL,  we have such a
collection of
bad analogue stomp box pedals now.    It's been a complex year but we still
have intention to start our abstract pop project
Vermin Circus this year.  I'm really looking forward to what she comes up
with.