Re: kim's post, yadda yadda yadda

Hey Rick,

--- "loop.pool" <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> I fucking hate it.   If there were an ACID ,
> FLSTUDIO and SOUND FORGE on
> linux, I'd be sooooooo there.

My problem with Linux is it still sounds like a
significant time investment must be made to get
applications set up for music.  I play in 2
orchestras, just co-founded a band, work full-time
(nonmusical job of course), and have other hobbies.  I
understand the Linux world has made great strides, but
not to the point yet where one can be up and running
as quickly as on a PC or Mac.

> It would be nice for someone from that camp (and I
> NEVER hear it from them)
> that there might be some reasons why people chose
> the PC.

It's all good if you wanna make music on Windows PCs.
Make music. That matters more, IMO.  I have to pay for
another full license of Max/MSP if I switch platforms
now. :(

Paolo