Re: kim's post, yadda yadda yadda

I've been hearing this mac vs. PC debate forever.  It's a religious issue,
but there is basically one argument.  Macs work better, PCs cost less.

It's bullsh*t that if you know what you are doing on a PC you will be
fine.  I worked at Microsoft for 8 years.  I know PCs better than almost
anyone in the world, I worked in the Windows division for about 3 of those
8 years.  I use a mac for my music stuff, I have for the last 2-3 years
and I now spend all my time making music and none of it diagnosing driver
conflicts or figuring out why a piece of gear or software stopped working
for no reason.  I've had this happen with my own custom built PCs using
top of the line components and Dell, IBM and Sony desktop and laptop
machines.  I never considered gigging with a laptop until I bought a
powerbook and now I do it all the time and have never had a problem on
stage.

I've used every OS since Win95 for music making and I've had problems with
all of them.

I don't blame MS, multimedia wasn't a priority for them until pretty
recently, they have a hardware environment that they have no control over.
 It's just a fact of their business.  So I use PCs for what they are good
for: my business stuff, my internet stuff and I use macs for my multimedia
stuff.  It is worth every dime.

       Kevin

Kevin Goldsmith            remove "online" from reply address
Unit Circle Media                   http://www.unitcircle.com