EDP+MPC1000-midi sync

Hi loopheads,
I just got the MPC1000 sampler and i am having fun
syncing it to the EDP.What really cool is for example
to it and syncing it to an EDP guitar riff.Then when i
turn the 1/2 speed the conga loop stays at 120bmp
while the other at 1/2.But I want to speed up the drum
loop for a drum n bass thing by pressing
multiply-record and still have the conga groove to the
drum loop,because if is not at 120bmp the conga groove
gets kind of messy.Is there a way to this on the MPC?
Anybody syncing these 2?
cheers
L.a

=====