Re: Off Topic? I'll give you Off Topic!!

At 2:24 AM -0700 8/6/04, Gary Lehmann wrote:
>Why is Starbucks evil?  Or rather, how?

For me the main thing is their predatory business practice of opening
stores in the immediate vicinity of established neighborhood coffee
shops. They'll even saturate a neighborhood with stores to the point
where each one has reduced profitability, but the company itself
still see snet profit.. This can have the  effect of "starving out"
the local cafes, leaving Starbuck's with all the customers.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com