RE: Another technique for electronic organic looping...

Yeah I seen this post about the cassette technique. Very ingenious!!! This
is what prompted me to look into the 8-track technique.

I'm pretty excited to finish this as it brings me back to the Schaffer,
Stockhausen, Riley, Cage, Eno, and Raymond Scott era. There is something
romantic about going back to that era. It wasn't until recently that I
thought about going back to the tape technique. I have been buying a few
books lately from the 50's and 60's about electronic music and tape
manipulation. Again I really just want to push the limits on limitation.
Yeah I can very easily chop, mangle, reverse samples. And I certainly will
continue this way of working. But the analog tape manipulation is just
intriguing to me. To work as my hero's did is just interesting to me. I am
a great fan of the synthesizer and have many many old ones. This will
continue to be my passion. But my fascination with synthesizers has become
much broader. It now includes the history of electronic instruments, and
electronic technique.

Another manipulation I would like to try is with tube technology.
Unfortunately my knowledge with this area is quite limited. My electronics
knowledge is also limited, but adding switched and tape heads is just
soldering and this I have practiced enough.