Re: Two of my new techniques

On Aug 22, 2004, at 3:49 PM, lol c wrote:

> . The Sus-Guitar-Synth
//snip//
>  Feedback Generator
//snip//
> /Phill Wilson (a.k.a. Blackface)

Thanks for sharing EDP tips! As an EDP user, and fan, I'm finding this
thread very interesting. There are just so many ways to make original
music with an EDP! The real challenge seems to be to find a way to set
up your controller to let you use as many tricks as possible without
interrupting the musical flow. So far I'm very happy with my Behringer
FCB1010 as a midi controller for my EDP and other parallel loopers.

Tip:
All front panel buttons, and actions (commands), can fulfill different
tasks depending on the mode the EDP is set to. This might seem as a
problem for the musician who wants to quickly jump between many
functions, not keen on stop playing to bend over the front plate to
re-button the EDP mode. But the solution is to use a midi foot
controller to change program. Then you simply have to prepare
different EDP programs with the settings needed for the specific tasks,
to be recalled by a simple midi program change. This will, for example,
let you jump between quantized and not quantized, between insert and
substitute replace etc etc.

All the best

Per Boysen
---