Question about the far outlet

Thanks for your response, gary.
Not sure how loud I need to be --
loud enough to be heard in the streets of NYC!
Hmm, I was told that the Solo has a quarter of the staying power of the far
outlet (they make a higher-priced version that's half the staying power  -
and weighs just 15 pounds!).  So that would mean an hour or two of playing
time at the most -- not so  good.  The solo does recharge from solar
energy,
tho, but not sure how effective that would be --
I'm beginning to think the best thing to do might be to get a
battery-powered amp, maybe one of those crate taxis, and only use the far
outlet or whatever I end up getting to power my headrush and synths --
seems logical, no?
steve

I got a new battery for the FO a couple of months ago--when new, the
batteries last for 3-4 hours of moderately loud amplification.  Last time I
used it, I plugged a bass amp in, as well as the Carvin StageMate for
vocals, and we played for three hours outside at Mission Bay in San Diego.
It didn't run out of juice!
I think amplifiers use more electricity than outboard gear--and although
the
StageMate was plugged in, it is also battery powered, with some sort of
internal switching, so that may have helped save juice.
Steve, how loud do you want/need to be?
Gary