Re: echoplex to workstation distortion

Aug 25, 2004 kl. 16:21 skrev Jon Arterton:

> I'm a bit of a techno-novice. My Roland VS-880 Workstation asks what
> the sampling rate of the incoming device (Echoplex) is and I can't
> find this in the manual. I wonder if this could be causing the
> mid-range overloaded sound I get when I record from the EDP. I do live
> performance of multi-layered of solo vocals.

When you're recording your "live performance of multi-layered of solo
vocals" from the EDP into the VS-880 the signal output from your EDP is
analogue. Sampling rate does only matter when connecting devices
digitally or moving recorded audio files between devices. The
"mid-range overloaded sound" might be an issue of non compatible
strengths (I'm no tech wiz either) of the analogue signal. The two
common standards are +4db and -20db. Just a wild guess... you should do
a quick check by the manuals.

All the best

Per Boysen
---