Was (blank)--syncing EDP to Electribe ER-1

Doug mentioned syncing an EDP to an Electribe ER-1. I missed out on the MPC2000xl, so I'm back to the drawing board. I read in one of the reviews of the ER-1 that there is quite a bit of latency with the MIDI. For reference the comments are at the very end of this article.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/life/gear/14988/

Did you or anyone else using an ER-1 find that to be the case. Will it be a problem when using it with the EDP. I would be using it mainly live.

Thanks,

Philip