RE: Stereo EDPs and Timing Drift (I've made the recommended settings, etc)

Hi Kim, LD Group -

I am not using any other MIDI devices with my two EDP+s. Here is a
detailed look at my settings and connections, plus the results of a
basic test.

- Two identical model EDP Plus units (purchased new two months ago)
- Both Units connected via a stereo 1/4" cable between the BrotherSync
jacks
- One MIDI cable running from the MIDI OUT of unit A to the MIDI IN of
unit B
- I am controlling unite A via a white Echoplex Digital Pro controller
pedal (also bought new a few months ago) that connects to unit B via a
standard 1/4 inch cable
- Both units have Sync set to Out
- Both units have ControlSource set to Controllers

The slight delay does not occur immediately after recording a phrase,
but appears slightly several repeat phrases later. The drift occurs and
begins to increase gradually.

I am running a basic test now. I just played and recorded a single
sequence of notes and I'm letting it loop back  The time displays on the
two units appear to be in sync as well.  1 minute later, the playback is
starting to exhibit the delay slightly, then it inceases gradually (the
drift)

...back 5 minutes later...drift still increasing. I stopped the loop,
hitting pause, started again, and the delay is gone.

Back five minutes later...drift is back.

I switched the MIDI and foot controller pedal connections between unit A
and B

5 minutes later...drift is back. Switched out the stereo 1/4 brother
sync cable with a different cable. Started a new loop.

5 minutes later....massive drift...10 minutes later, more drift.

Kris