RE: need recommendation: decent drum machine software

I had the  MPC1000 but the USB functioning was so bad, I took it back and
bought Roland's Fantom S (they now have the X).

The Fantom has 16 pads for triggering drum beats, or samples.  You can play
the drums live with either the pads or the keys.  All the kits are mapped
either.

It also has looping capabilities with overdub, but no feedback that I could
find.  I want to call Roland's support to see if that would be possible
using the on-board effects?

I'm also playing my old Boss DR-550 drum machine (remember that, Rick :)
using the Fantom as a midi control devise.  That works pretty cool, playing
those old, early digital sounds!

It's not a cheap solution, but it's not too bad if you need a keyboard
workstation.

Tom