RE: Mellotron -

At 9:01 AM +0100 11/4/04, Bernhard Wagner wrote:
>Just yesterday I picked up a book from the library:
>
>Francis Preve: "Power Tools: Software for Loop Music", Backbeat Books;
>Book
>& CD edition (August 1, 2004)
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0879308001
>
>While this book is mostly about prerecorded loops and how to use them to
>create your own music, it has a very informative intro, which fortunately
>is
>part of the online excerpt:

Very good. That he focuses on prerecorded loops is interesting to me,
since it naturally deals with questions about quotation and
appropriation. I might dispute his focus on Stravinsky as the first
significant sampling artists, since this practice was well
established during the Baroque and earlier (parody mass, quodlibet,
etc.).

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com