Reviewing Loop Music (was RE: Left-handed Compliments From Offa the Wall)

I don't think it's fair to compare improvised looping to composed
performances, especially those which include singing or stage movement.  At
least in my case, improvised looping requires the listener to buy into the
experience.  Having said that, I sometimes incorporate loops for backup in
small groups--and those seldom evoke any response except for comments about
the music they support (which are not <look out!> LOOP MUSIC).
Hey Travis, any contributions to this thread?  Bouquets and brickbats?
Gary