Re: [LOOP] RE: MIDI microphones?

on 12/19/04 7:17 PM, burnett@pobox.com at burnett@pobox.com wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Griff Peters wrote:
>
>> I'm not looking to do audio to midi conversion.
>>

>> I want to have the singer be able to weird out her voice onstage with
>> midi controllers built onto the microphone.
>>

>> What I'm looking for is a microphone that has switches or knobs or
>> contacts of some kind built in. These could trigger program changes, CC
>> values, etc.
>>

>> Just a simple program up/down would be cool. Or maybe effect on/off.
>>

>> Anyone seen something like this?
>
> Griff, I know this isn't what you're looking for (for one thing, it's not
> MIDI), but one of the best uses I've ever seen for an Alesis AirFX was to
> clamp it onto a shelf on the singer's microphone stand at about the
> height of her solar plexus. She could manipulate her vocals through the
> AirFX.
>
> best,
> Steve B
> Phasmatodea     http://www.phasmatodea.net/
> Subscape Annex  http://www.subscapeannex.com/

   Vernon Reid brought his Yohimbe Bros project down here to Dago and his
singer ran though a Kaoss Pad. she had control of everything from stage and
its small enough to fit on a music stand. sounded wicked and the new ones
have some looping capabilities i hear. no MIDI but you could still be in
control if thats what your going for (mixing booze, singers and hard FX is
risky from my experience).
    theres a circuit bender in Tucson with a gift for twisting signal and
gear experiments. check it.

  http://www.carrionsound.com/

      good luck

      Are-Jay H