O/T Tech help for Korg MS2000 users

Sorry for the off topic, but I cant find this help from anyone else, you guys are the best tech-heads...
I have a Korg MS2000R Synth, and I have started to send the output of my loopers thru the Audio Input for mangling... etc. However, The sound Im getting out of the synth is somewhat quiet, in comparison to the synth patches. If I boost the input level knob on the synth, it distorts.
I am feeding the synth the signal from the "direct outs" from my behringer mixer. (via a patch bay)
I am wondering what I can do about this..
Is this an impedance thing? Im afraid I dont understand any of this, but Ive copied the tech spec for the inputs to the synth HERE:

Inputs: AUDIO IN 1, 2, Level switch LINE / MIC, [AUDIO IN 1, 2(LINE)]Input impedance = 39 k-ohms, Maximum output level = -3.5 dBu (Audio In knob maximum), [AUDIO IN 2(MIC)] Input impedance = 22 k-ohms, Maximum output level = -33 dBu (Audio In knob maximum), Input source impedance = 600 ohms

Now, I dont undersand any of this, if I boosted the signal BEFORE the synth, would it help? I dont see why. The sound is plenty loud enough if I boost on the synth, just it gets distorted...

Any one else doing this?/using ms2000r?

Help

Mark