say no to urban skydiving Re: AW: Aunti Behringer

"As for stealing other companies' ideas: true, but basically, that is the
way the world we live in works. If you don't like it, you can always
jump down a high-rise. (warning: don't try this at home!)"

Jumping from tall buildings is painful for oneself and whomever you land
on. An easier solution than such "splataerial" behavior is to simply try,
whenever economically feasible, to buy with a conscience. For instance,
Behringer's Pod Pro ripoff is very tempting, but it is so blatant that I
could not take the bait. Rip off an ingenious design that someone busted
their balls over and then build it in China? If I am going to buy
something made in a Chinese slave labor facility, it is going to be
something I can't get elsewhere, something unique, like the Alesis ModFX
series, or Behringer's Virtualizer, which I may someday buy just for the
vinyl-crackle effect. Their combo amps seem reasonably original, too. But
I digress. Today it seems like NEARLY everything is build by scoundrels,
but not everything... one can still find good products made by good
people; they are just a little harder to find.
Yours in Bahlsen Lebkuchen,
Tim Mungenast