Date: 01/20/05 09:45:30
Subject: RE: Chinese Slave Labor (was Re: say no to urban skydiving Re: AW: Aunti Behring

      I also see alot of US workers as wage slaves. Paying rent seems a form
of indenture to me.The term Landlord is  fuedal. Education is compulsory and
geared (despite the efforts of many caring teachers who don't choose
curricula) to training obediant workers who will produce on schedule and
accept forced compettitive hierarchy.The cognitive dissonance between this
and true liberty is quite stark ,in my view.I'm not convinced that  sitting
in one spot indoors doing toxic industrial production is necessarily a step
up from fuedal farm work,which does allow people contact w/ nature and good
exercise,but having no first hand experience ,I can't tell what Chinese
workers  think. China is poised to dominate the world economy,and the sort
of rising level of expectation that marked US economy in the 20th century is
the likely course.Hard to tell if Chinese workers will fight for better
conditions and rewards ,but the prospect  of  Bigger, Better, More is sure
to motivate them as disciplined workers in a way the US has outgrown,and
Japan is outgrowing.Seems like it doesn't take many generations of consumer
goods overload to wipe much of the memory of hundreds of generations of
abject serfdom  from the collective "consciousness"